IMMMA Advocates has employment and labor relations practices in Tanzania. Our team has extensive experience in advising employers on lawful termination procedures, the fundamental rights and protections afforded by employment and labor laws, issues concerning workman’s compensation, social security payments, severance pay and other terminal benefits, employment contracts, trade unions and collective agreements and retrenchment.
Experience has included advising:
- On and successfully settling a complaint brought at the Commission for Mediation and Arbitration (CMA) against CCBRT by a number of its employees who were retrenched following a restructuring process
- On and successfully representing Airtel at the Commission for Mediation and Arbitration (CMA) in negotiating separation agreements with its employees who were to be retrenched
- Successfully represented PUMA Energy at the CMA, High Court Labor and at the Court of Appeal on claims of unfair termination following a retrenchment exercise.
- A major oil company in a labor dispute with an established employees’ association at the Commission for Mediation and Arbitration
- Successfully negotiated and settled an unfair termination claim by an ex-employee of an Oil and Gas Company involving USD1 Million
- Puma Energy and successfully representing the company at the CMA, High Court Labor and the Court of Appeal in a class action by 145 employees following retrenchment