At IMMMA Advocates, our focus is to offer solutions to our clients which are practical and commercial, and we are committed to resolving disputes in the most efficient manner.
In recent years, IMMMA Advocates has handled several international arbitration proceedings for clients under the ICC, ICSID, LCIA and UNCITRAL as well as locally under the Arbitration Act.
Experience has included advising:
- A multinational engineering consulting firm at the ICC in London in a USD60 million dispute with the Tanzania National Roads Agency involving breach of contract for the construction of the Singida-Manyoni road
- Stefanutti Stocks Tanzania Limited, a subsidiary of Stefanutti Stocks Pty, against DB Shapriya before the ICC in a claim for the payment of over TZS 2 billion following breach of contract for construction of apron slabs at the Mbeya Songwe airport
- The Government of Zanzibar in arbitration proceeding initiated by Eco-Tech (Zanzibar) Limited against the Principal Secretary, Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs before the London Court of International Arbitration
- A multinational engineering consulting firm before the ICC in Paris for a claim against the Tanzania National Roads Agency for breach of a contract of supervision of Road Construction
- A Norwegian engineering consulting firm in a PCA Arbitration with a seat in Dar es Salaam in a dispute for breach of a contract for supervision of Road Construction work
- A construction firm in the enforcement of a foreign arbitral award of over USD38 million against the Government of Tanzania following ruling by ICC over a road contract