Irene Ruchaki joined the firm as an Associate Trainee. Her areas of practice include corporate and commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions, real estate and financial services.
She works closely with partners and assists in advising on a range of corporate legal issues in Tanzania including business formation and registration as well as post-incorporation services in various sectors.
Irene has assisted in advising local and international clients in compliance matters relating to corporate governance and review of the commercial agreements/ joint venture agreements. Irene also assists partners in preparing due diligence reports and reviews, company secretarial services and reviewing contracts.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a merger application for one of the largest gold mining companies in Tanzania.
- As a team member, a Bank on regulatory regimes applicable in purchase of copper mines in Tanzania.
- As a team member, Strandline Resources Limited in reviewing their Bulk Earthworks Agreement and matters relating to compliance with local laws of Tanzania.
- As a team member, both local and foreign investors on aspects and step involved when establishing a business in Tanzania and modes of properly managing the said businesses.
- As a team member, Cognizant Technology in relation to compliance obligations in offering services in Tanzania.
- Advocate of the High Court and Subordinate Courts thereto save for Primary Court (2018)
- Mzumbe University, Bachelor of law, LL. B (2015).
- Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2018).
- Member of Tanganyika Law Society (TLS)