Idrissa Mghua is an Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice in the firm. Idrissa is part of a team that represents various clients including individuals, companies, government agencies and multinational companies before High Court Registries and subordinate courts in Tanzania and Arbitral Tribunals. Idrissa has been exposed to litigation relating to Employment disputes, Tax, Land Intellectual Property and Insurance. Idrissa has also gained valuable experience in drafting most key documents lodged in court and arbitral tribunals at different stages of various cases.
Experience has included advising:
- Part of the team, in prosecuting and defending numerous debt recovery proceedings on behalf of various financial institutions.
- Part of the team in representing Geita Gold Mining Limited in the cases relating to employments and labour matters at High Court and Court of Appeal Mwanza.
- Part of the team involved in advising a foreign company on circumstances under which TCRA has power to withdraw or reallocate a radio frequency spectrum license.
- Part of the team represented leading telecommunication companies at TCRA’s Complaint Committee regarding various consumer protection disputes.
- Part of the team in representing, one of the leading mining firms in Tanzania on a number of employment and labour relations disputes.
- Part of the team in representing Geita Gold Mining Limited in a suit filed at the Resident Magistrate Court at Geita for an alleged claim of breach of contract.
- Part of the team in representing NCBA Bank at the High Court of Bukoba and DLHT Mwanza on enforcement of Mortgage.
- Part of the team in representing Mantrac Tanzania on Tax claim service levy at the Resident Magistrate Court at Geita and High Court Mwanza.
- Part of the team in representing Vodacom Tanzania, Airtel Tanzania on land dispute matters at DLHT Kahama, Kigoma, Geita, Mwanza and Bukoba.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Tanzania (2020)
- Augustine University of Tanzania, Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (2016)
- Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2020)
- 2022 to date, Associate, DLA Piper Africa in Tanzania (IMMMA Advocates)
- 2020-21, Associate Trainee, DLA Piper Africa in Tanzania (IMMMA Advocates)
- 2020, Legal Officer, IMMMA Advocates
- 2017-19, Intern, IMMMA Advocates
- Tanganyika Law Society