Fatuma Mgunya has joined the firm as an Associate trainee. She is a practicing advocate of the High Court and subordinate court thereto save for primary court.
Her areas of practice include corporate, employment and labour, real estate, litigation and immigration. Fatuma supports partners and senior associates in numerous areas by providing legal advisory services related to compliance issues for companies, assist client to procure work and residence permit, provide legal opinion in relation to fairness of termination, disciplinary hearing by the employer and attend the cases at the court for and on behalf of the client.
Fatuma also assists in providing legal advice in various areas of law such Compliance in relation to Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs).
Experience has included advising:
- As a part of the team member, a telecommunication company in reviewing a prospectus and preparing a compliance matrix.
- As a part of the team member, and drafting legal opinions to Tanzania based companies on employment and labour matters. This includes, among other things procedures in relation to termination of employment and terminal benefits.
- As a part of the team member, partners in preparing legal opinions for various NGOs in relation to compliance requirements anda registration checklist for Tanzania and Zanzibar.
- As a part of the team member, companies on how to obtaining permits for employees (non-citizens).
- As a part of the team member, various companies on filing annual returns at the Company Registry and updating the information on the online registration system.
- Admitted to the Bar as Advocate of the High Court and subordinate courts thereto save for primary court (2018)
- Mzumbe University, Bachelor of law, LL. B (2015).
- Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2018).
- Member of Tanganyika Law Society (TLS)