Antonia Agapiti is a practicing Advocate of the High Court in Tanzania Mainland.
She assists our Labor, Litigation and Corporate and Commercial Law practice teams. She also represents clients on various matters at various High Court Registries and subordinate courts in Tanzania and arbitral tribunals.
Antonia has rendered various legal opinions employment and labour relations on areas covering retrenchments, procedures to be followed before termination, termination benefits and other employment related issues.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, Puma Energy at the CMA
- As a team member, PRIDE Tanzania in claims by its loan defaulters challenging the recovery procedure by the company
- As a team member, in the settlement of a labor dispute with AIRTEL, African Explosive Mining Services and ShowMax Group of Companies
- As a team member, in dispute resolution by way of arbitration, mediation, negotiation with clients
- As a team member, in registrations at the Land Registry and Company
- As a team member, in drafting of various legal documents
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and all Courts subordinate thereto (except Primary Courts)
- Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2014)
- University of Tumaini (Iringa) Bachelor of Laws (2012)
- Majengo Secondary School, A' Level (2009)
- Loyola High School, O' Level (2006)
- July 2016 to date, Associate, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Tanzania
- July 2014 – 2016, Legal Officer, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Tanzania
- 2014, Legal Intern, Tanzanian law firm, Mwanza
- 2010, Legal Intern, District Court of Ukerewe, Mwanza
- Member of the Tanganyika Law Society
- Member of the East African Law Society