Prince Chenge's areas of practice include corporate and commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions, banking & finance, oil & gas, and mining. He has assisted in offering legal advisory services to local and international clients in the petroleum, mining and banking & finance sectors.
Prince also advises on a range of corporate legal issues in Tanzania including business formation and registration, as well as post-incorporation services across various sectors.
He is assisting partners in preparing due diligence reviews, purchase and sales contracts, and drafting fair competition forms for mergers and acquisitions’ applications.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, Geita Gold Mining Limited in a compliance report of mining legislations and regulations;
- As a team member, Commercial Bank of Africa (Tanzania) Limited in a pre-acquisition due diligence review for the merger between NIC Group Plc and the Commercial Bank of Africa Group;
- As a team member, Pareto Securities Pty Limited in a due diligence review on its proposed debt and equity capital raising for a mining project in Tanzania;
- As a team member, one of the largest mining companies in the world, in preparing the relevant documents and structuring a feasible corporate operating model to incorporate a Tanzanian subsidiary;
- As a team member, TanzGraphite (Tanzania) Limited in relation to the permits/approvals required before commencing mining operations in Tanzania;
- As a team member, Commercial Bank of Africa (Tanzania) Limited in relation to recovering its claim of over USD1.1 million against a Lutheran Church;
- As a team member, one of the largest two-wheeler manufacturers in relation to compliance of local laws of Tanzania;
- As a team member, Mantra Resources Tanzania Limited on its terms and conditions of a special mining licence and other related matters; and
- As a team member, Ndovu Resources Limited in relation to potential issues arising under the Production Sharing Agreement it contracted with the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation.
- University of Aberdeen, LLM in Oil & Gas Law with Professional Practice, 2017
- Nottingham Trent University, LLB (Hons), 2016
- January 2018 to June 2018, Internship for a law firm based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania