Tanzania like other developing countries in Africa is striving to adopt various ways of ensuring that energy supply is accessible as well as affordable. Talking into account the social, environmental, and economic benefits of off-grid renewable energy vis a vis costly grid infrastructure, renewable energy will undoubtedly remain a dependable energy source for Tanzania in the near future.
Pascal is a practicing Advocate of the High Court in Tanzania Mainland. Pascal’s main area of practice is project finance, infrastructure, energy, oil and gas with a special focus on project structuring, drafting and evaluating key project agreements, contract negotiation, regulatory compliance and financing.
Pascal has successfully played a vital role in project structuring for a number of top tier multinational companies as well as various Governments in Africa including the government of the United Republic of Tanzania, the Federal Giovernment of Somalia and the Government of Ghana.
Pascal has also taken up the role as the firm's Business Development Manager.
Experience has included advising:
- The Government of Tanzania in structuring the project and negotiating financially acceptable terms for a special economic zone mega port worth USD10 million;
- The Government of Ghana in a capacity building project, drafting a Roads Public Private Partnership toolkit for Ghana;
- The Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar in the Review of the Zanzibar Energy Policy, drafting of the new Zanzibar Energy Policy and legislative drafting of the Zanzibar Energy Act;
- The Federal Government of Somalia, as project external counsel drafting the Somalia Production Sharing Agreements Toolkit;
- Several aviation companies including Celestial Aviation Trading 7 Limited in the negotiations with government agencies and private entities in the entire de-registration process of its aircraft in Tanzania;
- Foreign companies in establishment of corporate entitues and investment structures applicable in Tanzania in the energy, oil and gas as well as infrastructure sectors with a special focus on long term investments; and
- Lake Victoria Vanilla, in the establishment of a corporate entity, structuring investment modules and issuing legal advisory services on corporate compliance matters with regard to investment in Tanzania.
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and all Courts subordinate thereto (except Primary Courts)
- London Metropolitan University – Post Graduate Diploma, International Oil, Gas and Energy Law (2019)
- Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2015)
- Mzumbe University-Morogoro, Bachelor of Law (2013)
- 2019 to date, Business Development Manager, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- 2016 to date, Associate, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- 2013 – 2015, Legal Officer, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East African Law Society