Jonathan has extensive experience in all phases of litigation and dispute resolution. He has successfully represented top tier companies in corporate and property litigation, commercial disputes, immigration issues as well as in employment related matters.
Jonathan has notable experience in advising clients on issues related to compliance, antibribery and anticorruption matters. He is currently on secondment to Acacia Mining Plc, at North Mara Gold Mine Limited where he has gained practical experience in assisting the client on compliance risks.
Experience has included advising:
- Kaltire Mining Tire Group Tanzania Limited on various employment related matters;
- Mantrac Tanzania Limited in service levy claims;
- Acacia Mining Plc on land acquisition, various regulatory compliance matters and representing the client in various litigation matters;
- Commercial Bank of Africa (T) Ltd on several recovery matters;
- Vodacom Tanzania PLC on various land disputes; and
- Airtel Tanzania Public Limited Company on various land disputes.
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and all Courts subordinate thereto (except Primary Courts)
- Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2014)
- St. Augustine University of Tanzania, LLB (Hons) (2012)
- December 2014 to date, Associate, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- June 2013 - Dec. 2014, Legal Officer, Ishengoma, Karume, Masha & Magai Advocates
- 2013 to June 2013, Legal trainee - Ishengoma, Karume, Masha & Magai Advocates
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East African Law Society