Grace joined the firm as an Associate Trainee. She has been involved in the corporate practice with the special focus on the Banking and finance as well as Corporate Commercial Litigation.
Grace has assisted Partners in various assignments related to Company Secretarial Services, review of corporate commercial agreements, regulatory and compliance matters and issuing numerous legal opinions. Grace has also assisted Partners in advising and representing various top-tier companies at the High Court Registries and subordinate courts in Tanzania and arbitral tribunals.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, Tanzania Gold Corporation on developing and operating a 40 tonne per hour oxide mine plant in Tanzania.
- As a team member, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation on laws regulating fertilizer dealers in Tanzania.
- As a team member, Green light Planet Tanzania on shareholder removal and how they can forfeit their shares and possible tax implications.
- As a team member, a leading bank on it's involvement on the sale of base metals in Tanzania.
- As a team member, on incorporating one of the largest mining companies in Tanzania.
- As a team member, a solar energy company on a tax matter with the Tax Revenue Appeals Board and winning said tax dispute (estimated at TZS1.4 billion).
- As a team member, a leading bank on a tax related matter involving the Tanzania Revenue Authority.
- Admitted to the Bar as Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and subordinate Courts thereto except for Primary Court in 2018
- The Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2018)
- Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College, LL.B. (Hons), 2015
- Member of the Tanganyika Law Society (TLS)