Requirement For Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership Of Companies
Flora is a corporate lawyer and is a part of the Banking and Finance team that spearheads the drafting and receiving of various financial transaction agreements relating to local and cross-border transactions. Her other areas of practice include corporate and commercial matters as well as mergers and acquisitions.
She has assisted in numerous legal opinions to clients and has also been involved in several major financial transactions in Tanzania, reviewing and drafting facility agreements involving local and international banks.
Experience has included advising:
- Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank (TDB) in a secured USD12 million facility to finance the development of a series small hydro power plants in Tanzania;
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in a USD32 million secured lending to a Tanzanian logistics company;
- Standard Chartered Bank (Johannesburg Branch) in a USD25 million secured lending transaction to a local borrower guaranteed by its parent company;
- Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa in a USD45 million senior restricting and refinancing facility to a Tanzanian borrower;
- Unilever on a transaction to acquire the Noro Star group. The work included undertaking due diligence of the assets in Tanzania which made up the majority assets of the group, reviewing transaction documents to ensure compliance with the Tanzanian laws and obtaining regulatory approvals on the transaction;
- An international company in the acquisition of the majority shares in multi-unit grain and rice milling companies with a total capacity of 740 tons per day;
- A company on the legal criteria applicable to it as a logistics provider in the intended Uganda-Tanzania crude oil pipeline construction; and
- LMEY Investment on a potential transaction of share sale by Blue Bay Co. Ltd. The work included conducting due diligence, inquiring into the material issues on the corporate structure, land license, insurance tax and employment matters.
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania, Tanganyika Law Society (2018)
- Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2017)
- University of the Witwatersrand, LLB (Hons) (2016)
- University of the Witwatersrand, BA in International Relations (2014)
- Aug 2017 to date , Associate, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- September - November 2016, Legal trainee – Attorney General's Chambers DSM
- November - March 2016, Legal Trainee – International law firm branch in Tanzania
- January-November 2015, Student Counsellor – Wits Law Clinic
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East African Law Society
IMMMA team is delighted to welcome back our senior associates Ms. Burure Ngocho who was away for her secondment in DLA Piper, London, UK.
On the 12th June 2018, the Finance Bill, 2018 which aims at imposing and altering certain taxes, duties, levies, fees and to amend certain written laws relating to the collection and management of public revenues was published to the special Gazette of the United Republic of Tanzania No. 4 (the Bill).