This May, IMMMA held a retreat for its associates. The oneday affair took place on 19th May 2018, at Giraffe Ocean View Hotel in Mbezi, from 9am to 4pm.
Caroline Kivuyo is a practicing Advocate of the High Court in Tanzania Mainland who is currently holding the position of Partner at the firm having moved within the ranks since her internship. She is part of the firm’s employment practice group in which she not only advises clients on employment matters but also represents in employment related disputes before the Commission for Mediation and Arbitration, the High Court Labour Division and at the Court of Appeal.
Some of the advises issued by her includes opinion in relation to restructuring and retrenchment, strikes, termination, termination benefits, negotiation and drafting of collective bargaining agreements, review of HR Policies and secondment Agreements to name just a few. Caroline also has experience in ICT and telecommunication law. She advised various telecommunication companies on changes in the law and advise them to ensure compliance.
Caroline actively participates in corporate commercial litigation and has successfully represented clients in different courts and arbitral tribunals. Caroline advised also on real estate related matters and corporate compliance in mining industry.
Experience has included advising:
- Numerous clients in land disputes, commercial disputes and employment matters
- Clients in the acquisition of land both for investment matters and other conveyancing matters
- As a part of the Employment Team both in Tanzania and London (while on secondment), Unilever on various employment compliance matters
- Clients on the compliance aspect of corporate entities both commercial and charitable
- Acacia Gold Mine on various employment matters.
- Vodacom and Facebook on various ICT and telecommunication related matters
- On an arbitration claim of a multi-million transaction involving the bulk supply of contaminated oil in favour of PUMA Energy, Oilcom, Gapco and Engen
- In a large insurance indemnity claim for and on behalf of an insurance company
- NGOs in Tanzania on compliance matters
- A corporate mining client as an internal advisor to assist it on various compliance matters
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and all Courts subordinate thereto (except Primary Courts) admitted by the Tanganyika Law Society (2013)
- University of Dar es Salaam, LL.M (Dist) in Corporate and Commercial Laws (2016)
- Law School of Tanzania, Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2012)
- University of Dar es Salaam, LLB (Hons) (2010)
- Korogwe Girls Secondary School, Advanced Level (2006)
- Irkisongo Secondary School, Ordinary Level (2003)
- May 2019 to date, Partner, IMMMA Advocates
- May 2016 to May 2019, Senior Associate, IMMMA Advocates
- June 2013 to April 2016, Associate, IMMMA Advocates
- March 2011- May 2013, Legal Officer, IMMMA Advocates
- May 2012 to July 2012, Legal trainee - Kinondoni DC (LST field placement)
- Dec. 2010 to Feb. 2011, Legal trainee – IMMMA Advocates
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East African Law Society